Pick a padded bedhead
1. Beautifully crafted bed frames can add visual magic to a bedroom, but may be tough on the back when sitting up, especially if you like to read in bed. A padded bedhead will help, as will a stock of pillows for extra comfort and support.
2. Embellishments on pillows such as beading, buttons and embroidery look beautiful, but choose pieces that can be washed. Robust textures can also leave imprints on skin, so stick to soft or plain finishes for sleeping.
3. A clutter-free space delivers a calm feel, so ensure there's plenty of storage. Under-bed boxes are a clever idea for storing seasonal clothing or blankets; add a floor-length bedspread and you'll never know they're there.
4. If you're a bedtime reader, look for lamps that offer good illumination to avoid eye strain, and select one with a narrow base so you can still fit other items on your bedside table!
Art of display
5. Your bedroom is the perfect place to display items and keepsakes that you love – plus they reflect your own personal style and make the space truly yours.
Find more tips for a beautiful bedroom here.