Here, we've rounded up seven ways to beat the dust bunnies.
1. A lot of dust is generated from outdoors, so keep windows and doors shut when possible. Leave shoes at the door so you don’t tramp dust through the house, and invest in a good doormat.
2. Use a vacuum with a HEPA filter which will effectively capture dust and allergens.
3. Materials such as cardboard, paper and fabric leave loose fibres, so keep your clothes either hung up or in a clothes hamper, and don’t break down any cardboard boxes or packaging indoors.
4. Get an air purifier with a HEPA filter to reduce toxins in the air.
5. Declutter as much as you can and limit the amount of knick-knacks you have on display. Go minimalist for easy dusting.
6. Don’t groom your pets inside. Get into the habit of brushing their hair outside (and keep the windows and doors shut so it doesn’t blow indoors!).
7. Wash your sheets every week and clean your pillows once a month.
This article originally appeared on Better Homes and Gardens.
You might also like: