Planning a bathroom is a delicate balance at the best of times - with everything ultimately fixed into position so there's no going back. Maximising the use of available space for all the necessary fittings and getting the layout right first time takes careful planning and often the help of a professional.
Designing a small bathroom or an ensuite is no different - that battle of the lust-have vs the must-have items can be overwhelming.
Here are seven ensuites and small bathroom styles that work beautifully.
1. This layout cleverly fits in a bath at the end of the room - a great layout to work with if space allows. The Omvivo 'Neo' offset basin in Solid Surface White finish (with Phoenix 'Kubus' tapware, all from Reece) can be buffed to remove marks. The ceramic wall tiles in Matt White work well with the stone-like 'Pietra' penny round mosaic tiles in Grey Marble and grey-toned Italian porcelain floor tiles, all from Tiles By Kate
2. Timeless appeal with classic Brodware 'Neu England' tapware and Natura 'Sisal' wall tiles from The Art of Tiles, which reflect, rather than absorb light to create the illusion of space.
3. Newly renovated from a 1970s bathroom 'disaster', this small bathroom uses one open space and simple tile choices of 'HM75306' subway tiles in Snow White Matt and 'K935C0 floor tiles in Caviar Charcoal, both from European Ceramics.
4. This renovated bathroom was once a kitchen! Decorative damask designs in the shower paired with charcoal floor and wall tiles, add instant glamour to a small space.
5. High-impact pattern features in this ensuite with vintage-look 'Grey Royal' cement tiles from Jatana Interiors. the handmade reproduction designs capture the look and feel of original antique tiles - but are easier to source in bulk
6. Statement Thibaut 'Meridian' wallpaper packs a punch in this tiny powder room - a great feature to employ in a small space. Glossy black mirror and antique-style vanity add to the drama.
7. Honed Carrara marble from CDK Stone was custom made to fit into the space for the open vanity stand in this bathroom. The division of space from the main wet area makes the bathroom more flexible for us.
You might also like: