If your living room is looking a little tired and you’re after a seasonal pick-me-up, try these suggestions for a complete makeover on a budget.
3 top tips for a fresh look in your living room
1. Dust everything
Give everything on your shelves and coffee table a good wipe over with a duster and/or damp cloth. This will freshen things up and may prompt an edit of what’s on display - take away objects that have been around for some time and renew the whole look with a shiny new vignette!
2. Wash your cushion covers
Sounds obvious but how often do you actually do this? Remove cushion covers from both decorative throw cushions and your sofa if possible and wash or have them dry cleaned to lighten the look (and boost hygiene levels!).
3. Swap out a colour palette
Often you can continue to use many of your favourite decorative objects by changing the colour palette. Simply pick up a different colour in your sofa weave, beloved artwork or rug and bring in a few objects to match that colour. Repeat the process throughout the room and you may find that an entire new colour palette emerges!
Try this for a new colour palette
1. ‘Birthday Cake’ classic textured glass candle, $24, Voluspa
2. Brass hanging planter, $5, Kmart
3. Montana’ artwork, $39, Urban Road
4. Scandi side table $29, Big W
5. Linen House ‘Gigi’ vase in Green, $14.67, Zanui
6. Aster cotton and jute rug, $89, Temple & Webster
7. ‘Sanela’ cushion cover in Dark Green, $6.99, IKEA
8. Everyday bowl in Blue, $2.95, West Elm
9. Stack up your favourite coffee table books, $free, Your own library