You will need (1)
- Stemmed glasses, we used ‘Fyrfaldig’ martini glasses, $2.99 each, Ikea
- Glass jug, we used ‘Ikea 365+’ glass jug (comes with lid, not used), $9.99, Ikea
- Uni-Pro 36mm painters’ masking tape, $9.95/50m roll, Home Hardware
- Glass surface primer
- Spray-paint. We used Dulux Duramax spray-paint in Bright Finish Copper Rose, $19.90/300g can, Bunnings
- Cardboard box or plastic sheets for protection
- Paper face mask
1. Clean any dirt or dust from your glassware.
2. Use painters’ tape to mask off the area to leave unsprayed. See pic 2. (We wanted a copper-dipped stem and base effect.) Put on paper face mask. (Note: the best place to spray is outside or in a well-ventilated area.)
3. Apply primer as per product directions.
4. Shake spray-paint can for 2-3 minutes, to allow paint to completely mix.
5. Place glassware, face down, inside cardboard box or on plastic, ready to spray. Or hold glass with one hand and aim to spray away from you.
6. Spray from side to side – first left to right and then right to left – making sure you get an even coverage over the area not masked with tape.
7. Allow paint to dry completely before use.*
*Do not apply paint to any surface upon which food or drink may come into contact. Do not put glassware in the dishwasher. Actual paint colour may vary on application.