This stylish outdoor space has everything you could need for an afternoon of alfresco entertaining - rain, hail or shine.
1. This low-maintenance space was expertly devised by Mark Browning of Cycas Landscape Design, with help from the owners. Small but perfectly formed, the outdoor room now features a spectacular covered dining area, which looks out over a relaxing pool and spa, ideal for whatever the weather has in store.
2. The crowning glory is the outdoor kitchen, designed by Maree Howley of Beautiful Room, with an integrated barbecue, wine fridge and fireplace, and glamorous finishes that mirror those used inside - Caesarstone benchtops in Mink, Duropal Mattline cabinetry and a granite-look splashback. To make it light, airy and weatherproof, Mark designed three skylights using Lump Sculpture Studio screens for added decorative appeal.
3. The discreet Electrolux 'EQBL100AS' barbecue is surrounded by cabinetry in hardwearing Duropal Mattline laminate, while a Jetmaster 'Heat & Glo XLR' gas fireplace provides warmth in the cooler months. The dining area, with its stylish outdoor setting by German company Solpuri, overlooks the tranquil swimming zone. In an innovative take on pool fencing, steel 'fins' separate the outdoor kitchen from the pool.
4. Keen to maximise the soft planting areas and balance out the hard landscaping, areas of lush greenery were added. Bordered by ornamental pear trees and blueberry ash, the pool feels secluded despite its urban location.
5. Tackling the garden's uneven, wedged layout to create a harmonious, useable space was a top priority, so out went the grass and in came a stunning pool and spa. Inlaid with shimmering ocean-blue Cotto tiles and surrounded by moody sawn bluestone paving, the pool is complemented by an adjacent raised flowerbed lined with delicate ornamental pear trees and underplanted with hardy liriope 'Royal Purple'.