Thinking outside the square for the original intended use for storage containers, these clever hacks and hold all ideas are all you need to organise your entire home. To save money, repurpose what you already own, pick them up from an op shop or buy new from bargain stores.
1. Chalk paint
Such a fun way to organise! Decorative and flexible, use a stencil to create a label on plastic tubs, drawers, jars and wall hangers.
2. Paper towel holder
Stack jewellery for a tower of style – colour coordinate for instant inspiration when you’re planning your wardrobe each day
3. Magazine rack
These are wonderful to use for efficient storage for almost any room in your home. Use for:
Kitchen - paper and plastic roll dispensers – attach to inside of your pantry door for easy access; chopping boards
Bedroom or dressing room - clutch purses; flat shoes, sandals and thongs
3. Jars, jars, jars!
The ultimate free storage solution, jars can lend themselves to all kinds of clever storage.
- Paint the tops with chalk paint and write the contents on top for handy drawer storage of cereals, baking ingredients, herbs and spices
- Paint the inside in your favourite colours and line up for stationery storage in your home office or kids’ craft station
- Pantry shelves – use matching jars to line your pantry shelves with ingredients, snacks, pasta and cereals – the bigger the jar, the better
4. Plastic tubs
5. Toilet paper rolls
Old-school ingenuity sees these cardboard wonders organise items in your home office.
- Fill a covered box with upright toilet roll holders to help pens and textas stay upright and ordered
- Fold cords and store inside toilet rolls for tidy storage – write the use of the cord on the outside of the tube
When something is beautifully styled, it looks so much more organised. Rethink how your books and objects are stored in your bookshelves to tidy things up and create a pleasing display, rather than a jammed-in jumble.