According to colour experts, decorating with colour to stimulate happiness at home can help to create positive immersive experiences in our home. The coral reefs and tropical holidays that spring to mind in the light of the golden undertones of Pantone's Colour of the Year for 2019 form a strong colour base to work from. Living Coral is more than just a colour trend - vibrant and playful, this year’s Pantone colour of the year packs loads of personality and answers our innate need for sunshine and happiness in the home.
“This fun colour pairs beautifully with timber and warm hues or as a bold contrast against aqua and yellow”Fiona Michelon
Here are 10 fabulous homewares to shop right now:
1. Lovely Linen Hammam towel in Coral, $88, Casa e Cucina
A bright burst in the bathroom.
2. 100% trays in Colour Mix 3, $139, Blu Dot
Indoors or outside, give your dining table, coffee table or sideboard a luscious lift.
3. ‘Riviera’ pendant light in Coral Red, $395, Bastille and Sons
A great way to extend the colour through a space, draw the eye upwards with a pop of colour over a bathroom vanity, bedside or kitchen island.
4. Georges armchair in Coral, $2245, Clickon Furniture
You can't go past a statement armchair for a burst of colour in your living room or bedroom. This beauty ticks all the right boxes of comfy, curvy and coral!
5. Basket bed head double in Peach, $429, The Family Love Tree
Up the luxe factor and base the bedroom with a burst of colour.
6. Nippon throw, $77.95, Zanui
A textured throw at the end of a bed or on the arm of a sofa or lounge chair is one of the easiest and most economical ways to bring a colour trend into a room.
7. Velvet tassel cushion in Clay, $89, Kip & Co
Cushions are a decorator's friend, adding a pop of colour and texture in any hue you choose. Work in with your existing cushions in terms of shape, size and number.
8. Puddle bowl in Studio Terrazzo, $49, Keep Resin
This handy bowl hit the colour cue and does double duty to collect bits and bobs on the sideboard or entrance hall table.
9. Artwork by commission, $1499, Chris Martin Art
Invest in artwork to make a sophisticated, lasting statement.
10. House & Home Metal Candle Holder in Neon, $10, Big W
With decor items at this price, bringing colour into any room is fun and affordable.
You might also like: