The owners of this gorgeous home in South Africa have mastered a beautifully graphic style that is also completely liveable.
Home to interior designer Kate and her husband Graham and their 11-year old son, Kim's careful, thoughtful approach to colour is evident everywhere. Whether it's subtle or bold, it's never too much - aways tempered by her judicious use of black and white, or grounded by elements such as raw timber, greenery, industrial-style lighting and art.
"I seem to have become known for my fearless use of jewel-box colour, but I do always counter balance it with neutrals and texture," she says.
There's an easy relaxed charm about the living room where Kim has again performed her magic by blending bolder choices with black and white.
Here's how to replicate the look
- Notting Hill velvet Chesterfield 3.5 seater sofa. Brosa
- Pierre Frey Arty - Contemporary Modern Multi Colored Pillow Cover - Blue Coral Black Pink Yellow Orange - Brush Stroked Linen Pillow Cover. Etsy
- New KAS Riviera 45cm Cushion & Insert Beach Print Embroidery Retro Vintage Scene. Ebay
- Leopard linen pillow. Arianna Belle
- Farlane small chandelier. Circa Lighting
- Karpenter solid coffee table in walnut. Life Interiors
- Ikat Throw. Kelly Hoppen
- Louis coffee table black. Interiors online
- Classic Overdyed Style Rug. Temple and Webster