The views from the deep verandah extend all the way to the distant Outeniqua mountains. Generous sofas, well-worn leather armchairs, and a large daybed offer plentiful seating options while blankets, throws and comfortable cushions provide the ultimate comfort outdoors on chilly evenings.
To bring this look home, here’s our Room Recipe to get the look and feel of the perfect outdoor room.
Tribal bench daybed with outdoor mattress, $3,300, Haveli of Byron Bay
Traditional 1-seater can chair, $579, Malawi Cane
‘Sultan’ coffee table, $1087 Satara
Jute Rug, seek similar ‘Petunia’ round rug, $750, Armadillo-co
Green Ikat cushions, seek similar Green Trail Cushion, The Classic Outfitter
Natural linen Throw, seek similar Luca Throw, Eadie Lifestyle
Nesa side table, $298.95, Zanui
- Clear the deck - literally! Declutter your outdoor room and give all surfaces and flooring a wash down
- Create a neutral base with heavy timber furniture, anchored by a round rug to invite gathering
- Top sofas with plump, generous seat cushions, covered in breathable natural linen fabrics
- Continue the ties to nature with natural rattan armchairs positioned in conversational groups alongside sofas
- Decorate sideboards and surfaces with rustic vases - filled with fresh flowers for a burst of spring
- Punctuate cushions covered in outdoor fabrics of elegant olive and apple greens
- Drape throws here and there for extra softness and to provide a cozy warmth on chilly evenings
Get the look
To rent this beautiful home, please visit www.bobbejaanskloof.com
Grab your copy of October Home Beautiful magazine on sale now, or go here to subscribe and never miss an issue!
You might also like: