The best place to perch in summer can become a comfy retreat all year round.
Don’t neglect your outdoor areas in winter as a nook to withdraw and unwind. If you’ve fallen in love with a hanging chair as the ultimate escape for a little ‘me time’, create a special place to cocoon yourself through winter by layering it with snuggly textures, a handy side table and a serene outlook.
“For me a hanging chair is an instant invitation to curl up with a book and have some me time.”
Wendy MooreHB Editor-in-chief
'Lucy' hanging chair in Black, $499, Byron Bay Hanging Chairs
'Iva' spot cushion in Ivory, $149, Inartisan
Kenneth Dahl 'Swerve' side table, $335, Matt Blatt
Mint speckled tea cup, $40, Susan Simonini
1. Start by securing the ultimate hanging chair a spot away from it all - preferably with a lovely vista
2. Layer a sheepskin rug in the base
3. Stack up comfy cushions to support and snuggle into
4. Spread a woven or outdoor rug underfoot
5. Add a small side table to collect reading matter and hold your favourite mug filled with a warming drink
6. Relax and enjoy the view
Get the look
You might also like: