Luxury online fashion brand Matches Fashion has gone from the catwalk to the kitchen with the launch of a homewares category in collaboration with a blend of high-end interiors brands.
Think Gucci, Calvin Klein, Kilometre Paris, Fornasetti… and hang on to your handbags – it’s a heavenly mixture of statement pieces, high-quality must-haves and objet d’art that threaten to blow a paycheque on in the blink of an eye.
The beauty (or danger!) of Matches' already established online retail empire is that Australian consumers have immediate access to the extensive range - almost as soon as it was launched in the UK, so if your online shopping addiction is already worrying, look away now.
Of the transition to include homewares, Matchesfashion.com's fashion and buying director Natalie Kingham told Vogue UK, “Style isn’t just about what you wear. It’s inevitable that if you are interested in fashion you probably have a keen interest in interiors.”
“We’ve always closely considered our different types of customers and all the elements of her lifestyle, and we’ve recognised that interiors are an extension of our customers’ personal style. Our customers love to discover new designers and learn more about their stories, the craftsmanship and artistry behind the work."
"Objects for the home have longevity, so it's a category we knew our customers would be keen to explore with our twist and curation elements."Natalie Kingham
Go lightly however - the more you scroll, the more immersed you become in Matches’ alternate reality and the more accessible these items seem!
Here’s our edit to get your Pinterest board underway:
1. Circa Mineral dalmation stone incense burner, $360
2. L’OBJET Backgammon set, $2064
3. GUCCI Herbarium porcelain teapot, $845
4. KILOMETRE PARIS Avenue Pierre Loti Paris embroidered pillow, $301
5. MAISON MARGIELA Glitter snow globe, $250
6. KILOMETRE PARIS English Kitchen-embroidered vintage tea towel, $110
7. ONCE MILANO Linen napkin set, $80
8. CARL AUBÖCK Cobra brass candlestick, $892
9. CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC X Pendleton Peter wool-cotton saddle blanket, $515
You might also like: