With over 100 items to choose from listed on Amazon, some are complete with personal introduction and demonstration video by Oprah herself.
The supplier of any product that makes Oprah’s list is likely to enjoy an incredible boost in sales – it usually means that all of their Christmas orders well, come at once.
“I cannot believe it’s been 20 years of Favourite Things and this year, there is something for everyone!”Oprah Winfrey
From PJs to DNA kits, tech gadgets to teddy bears on Oprah’s list, it reaches far and wide. Many of the items can be shipped here to Australia and for those that can’t, where there’s a will, there’s a way. Services such as Australia Post’s Shopmate – allow you to “Shop like you live in the USA” by giving you an initial address to ship to within the United States, then shipping from there to Australia. Buyer beware however – this adds a whole extra layer of freight logistics to your delivery and reviews for the service have been mixed.
Here's our pick of Oprah's Favourite Things:
1. Snurk Duvet Sets – because who doesn’t want to look like a mermaid when they’re lying in bed? (We like saying ‘Snurk’ too)
2. Tory Sport track pants – it must be something about the action press studs along both legs for fast removal that make us feel… active
3. Oprah’s own book, “Wisdom of Sundays: Life-changing insights from super soul conversations,” says Oprah. “I really wanted to share these insights with the world. It’s the reason why I’ve done television all these years.”
4. My Audio Pet bluetooth speaker
7. Novelty Bird Houses – we don’t need one of these… we just think they’re cute!
8. Corkcicle Stemless steel cup – hot or cold insulation for your drinks and ever-so stylish
9. Sorel Boots – perhaps a little overkill for the Australian climate but, who can so no to a pair of Apres boots!
10. Breville Perfect Press – available here in Australia
Check out HBs Christmas Gift Guide here.