- Create wow factor with high impact patterned tiles on the floor.
- Position a black sculptural freestanding bath-tub below the window, so it’s bathed in natural light. A good tip is to use opaque glass louvres which still allows in light while maintaining privacy.
- To enhance the sense of space lay white rectangular tiles vertically up the wall.
- Define the vanity area and introduce texture with a dramatic VJ timber wall painted in Dulux Monument.
- Continue the black theme through with tapware, lighting and switches which recede visually into the wall.
- Introduce warmth and contrast with a floating timber vanity and shelving, which take up minimal space, allowing the floor to remain the star.
- Finish with a round mirror which helps bounce light around the room.
“Black can look a little stark on its own, so I wanted to add timber to make the space feel friendlier” – Saul, homeowner
Noir 1700 Freestanding Bath (NO7BW) $2932.30, Caroma.
Moroccan Look 200x200mm tiles, $135m2, Tiles By Kate.
Woodrow Hourglass Stump, $390, Fenton and Fenton.
You might also like: