As part of an entire home renovation, this child’s bedroom received cheerful cosmetics updates.
What makes it work? Here’s our Room Recipe to show you how.
Artek Alvar ‘High Back 66’ chair, Aalto
Rachel Castle felt and linen artwork, Rachel Castle
Muuto The Dots Yellow, Surrounding
Adairs Kids Up Up & Away Quilt Cover Set, Adairs
Pink and yellow girl’s garland, Fabulously Handmade/Etsy
1. Begin with a soft palette on the walls and a neutral flooring choice with a taupe carpet.
2. Add a feminine silhouette with a delicate white bedhead.
3. Layer key furnishings in white and natural timber for a light and bright look.
4. Introduce vibrant colour through soft furnishings that can be changed over time – a textural garland, colourful print bedlinen, toys and artwork.
5. Make a key investment with a classic designer chair that won’t date.
6. Mix up the look with a change in bedlinen and accessories.
Get the Look