One couple created a huge main bedroom on the new second floor of their home renovation. Here’s our room recipe to show you why it works.
“The VJ ceilings were always on our list of must haves, as a subtle way to break up the white-on-white interior and to add a touch of texture and character”Simone
A recessed feature wall lined with VJ panelling
Dark and moody paint in Dulux Domino Low Sheen Wash & Wear
Elegant window dressings for maximum privacy
Lush carpet, try ‘Pacific Collection’ 60oz solution-dyed nylon-990, $70/sqm, Architectural Carpet And Tiles
Touches of metallic in cushions and side accessories
- Set the optimum mood for slumber with an ‘Oslo’ queen bed from Freedom
- Add crisp and elegant bedding from Adairs
- Up the ante with the addition of a pair of copper pendants by Scandinavian designer Funky Doris
- Reflect the metallic bling with side tables from Adairs to bring just the right amount of luxe
- Layer texture and bring luxury with generous curtains to cover breezy louvre windows from floor to ceiling.
- Add a ‘Woody’ ceiling fan Beacon Lighting to keep the sultry weather at bay
Get the look
You might also like: