The sense of joy in this child's bedroom is undeniable. What makes it work? Here's our Room recipe to show you how.
"The small splash of colour makes for a playful space."
Monochromatic backdrop, - Chalk USA wall paint, Dulux
Splash of colour, 'Pixel' ottoman, The Woodsfolk
Fun artwork, Morning Bus Roll poster, My Sweet Prints
Bright bedlinen, Polka dots hand stitched quilt, I Love Linen
1. Begin with a restrained palette on the walls and a neutral flooring choice with a softly textured taupe carpet
2. Layer key furnishings such as bed and bookcase in base colours with sleek paint finishes, allowing timber detailing to come to the fore
3. Introduce soft furnishings that bounce colour and movement around the room - a textural garland, quirky bedlinen, toys and books
4. Make a bigger investment with practical items such as a bedside lamp, and storage tubs and baskets. Choose styles that will stand the test of time and can be reworked into another look down the track
5. Refresh the look over time. A kid's room should have the flexibility to grow with the child - accessories and bedlinen can easily be updated to reflect their changing tastes and emerging style.
"A child's room is a place for letting imaginations run wild" ~ Yvette, homeowner
For more decorating inspiration click here.