- A new splashback equals a new-look kitchen. “It’s also a great opportunity to be daring,” says Kelly Ross of The Gentry. On-trend ideas include marble and tiles laid in geometric patterns.
- “Replace out-of-date kitchen stools with a more contemporary style,” advises Jo Campbellfrom Votre Monde Interior Design.
- do away with pesky plastic bottles on your sink surround. Perrin& Rowe’s bench-mounted brass detergent dispensers pump straight into the sink.
- Use freestanding furniturein place of cabinetry. “Auction houses are great when you’re after something a bit different,” says Kelly, who looks for industrial-feel pieces, such as worn retail display cabinets.
- Changing the handles on your cabinetry is an easy weekend project. Leather is bang on trend and looks amazing – Melbourne firm Mademeasure does a wide range in different styles, sizes and colours.
- Bring your colourful cookbooks or divine serving trays and platters out from the cupboards and put them on show.
- Displaying raw ingredients in beautiful glass storage jars on benchtops or open shelves adds texture and interest to a kitchen.
Want to see more easy updates? Here are 21 clever ways to refresh your living room.