Extra room for house guests is always needed but never more so than as the festive season approaches. Here's help to tick boxes in both the style and space stakes.
Creating a warm welcome for the most important people in your life need not mean a compromise on style. The 'Lila' bed from Olli Ella combines a style and function with a nursery in mind but serves equally well in a guest room - move it into your spare room when hosting visitors, or move baby into the master bedroom to accomodate everyone. Handmade to order, it comes in a range of colours in hard wearing microcode or leatherette and can also be made in custom fabrics to suit your existing decor.
With space always at at premium it helps if your sofa bed looks stylish and inviting in all its incarnations.
Another armchair that turns into a single bed is the Le Vele Replica from Lounge Lovers. A great way to include flexibility in your seating arrangements without compromising on sofa comfort, consider it as a statement armchair. At night, give the bed the same treatment it would receive at an upmarket hotel, with light coloured linen to give the room a fresh feel.
The Kobe sofa bed brings in a little industrial style and, whilst as a sofa it is more compact to suit a smaller space or apartment, still opens out to a full queen bed.
Our top tips for the best guest effect
- Style the bedside table with a jug of water and a floral touch
- Create space to unpack or spread a blanket at the foot of the bed for five-star polish and to save your linen from soiled suitcases
- Add cloud-like comfort with a feather topper or luxury bedding such as King Living's 'Felix Studio Bed'
- Freshen up the room by throwing open the curtains by day and lighting a scented candle at night ahead of evening arrivals
- Check linen supplies including towels, pillows (and pillow protectors) and blankets
Think outside the square. Modular sofas are now created to allow for maximum flexibility. The 'Signature' range from Freedom is a customisable design offering countless configurations in fabric, size and orientation of modules to suit your room layout. Here, a chaise easily becomes a bed with a minimum of fuss and disruption for an easy overnight option.