Summer brings us crisp whites, ocean views and lashings of fun colour pops.
Fresh and bright, the colours we’ll be seeing in our interiors this summer embrace all that’s good about the season. Dulux have released a range of colour palettes to bring the trends into our interiors with crisp white underlying schemes punctuated with colours inspired by the glamour of the 1980s and luxury hotel fitouts.
“This palette is about pure happiness; It’s about creating that holiday feeling all-year-round,”Pip Brett
The 'Escapade' palette is key to our summer interiors, says Pip Brett, Dulux Colour Trends Contributor and owner of homewares store Jumbled. "It has a retro 1970s and 1980s vibe, while still managing to be thoroughly modern.”
Made up with a base of Lexicon Quarter, Dulux adds 'Cuticle Pink', 'Soft Fresco', 'Solution' and 'Carmen' to the mix for a fresh, summery feel.
“This season’s colours are all about balancing the different parts of ourselves – our passion for our homes, our lust for adventure, our love of retro glamour, and fascination with technology," says Andrea Lucena-Orr, Dulux colour expert. "Summer will be filled with palm prints, positive vibes and visual delights. Incorporating uplifting colour and prints in a white space can be transformative, lifting the soul and making you feel more dynamic and creative.” she says.
“Complete the look by painting one or two smaller pieces of furniture in the same striking hue, and then add in tonal accessories, such as coloured glassware, bold artworks, patterned cushions and bedlinen," says Andrea.
“Introducing new schemes can invigorate a space - making you more positive and productive," says Andrea Lucena-Orr. "And the beautiful thing about paint is that if you decide on a new colour down the track, you can simply paint over it.”
Top summer styling tips
- Declutter your interiors so that furniture and accessories have plenty of room to breathe.
- Seek out retro furniture with organic shapes and simple lines.
- Add in plenty of luxe textures – think soft furnishings and accessories in sumptuous velvet, silk and sheepskin.
- Introduce bright artworks that pick up on this season’s bold, tropical hues.
- Touches of gold will add a glam feel.
- Don’t forget greenery – indoor palms and ferns will bring a botanical inspired interior to life and help you create a happier, healthier home