1. Mixing bench seats and chairs. While practical, it also gives an inviting look to outside – especially if you keep the styling simple. You don’t need 10 vases on the table top and water fountain statues clogging up the floor. Keep it so clean and simple, then it’s simple to clean.
2. Keep the furniture neutral and have a more than just one option of coloured cushions so you can rotate to suit your mood or occasion. Texture is big this year – like the rope featured on the arms – let that be your focus and leave your yellow -neon -pineapple cushions back in 2012 where they belong.
3. Natural finishes like Italian ceramic table tops are very much the look of the moment – especially in this year’s strong grey trend. There’s something totally sophisticated about a monochrome setting even down to the decorator.
4. You can now get modular outdoor suites that have flexible arrangements that can be arranged and rearranged to suit your entertaining area and the number of guests. Loving this one in- the colours of the Greek Islands.
5. Outdoor furniture that has been designed to be really, really comfortable but they still look like they’ve come straight out of a Milan furniture show. Can’t you just imagine sitting in this low-to-the-ground armchair, your feet on the ottoman, knowing you are not going to move for hours? That’s why we love Summer.