Wendy Moore opens her windows, peels the layers off our winter homes, dons her sunglasses and paints us a picture of her ideal Australian summer.
1. "A day at the beach with a really good book, a bit of shade and something soft to lie on. This is my holiday feeling."
2. A refreshing summer cocktail – I can’t wait for the moment when I look at a condensation encrusted glass without shivering!
3. Open windows! There is nothing lovelier, or more relaxing, than seeing the lazy movement of a light summer breeze through sheer curtains. The sound of outdoor life (cicadas particularly) through an open window for me, is the perfect summer day.
4. Fresh linen sheets are the first sign of summer in my bedroom. The light feel of the fabric and the soft, cool feeling is such a welcome change to the winter quilt.
5. Cut flowers from the garden. My hydrangeas are shooting now and I can’t wait for the big balls of loveliness to finally bloom!
You might also like: