"The wallpaper is a 1950s design, and to me it has such a timeless look."Julianne
Cole & Sons 'Woods' wallpaper, Annandale Wallpapers
Splash of colour, Lime-coloured vintage chair, Local markets
Patterned cushions, Orla Pillow, Skinny Laminx
Print quilt cover, Orla Kiely Giant Stem Granite Bed Linen (reverse print), Amara.
1. Begin by grounding the mix of print and pattern with a block colour rug in charcoal.
2. Add vintage furnishings such as retro credenza and Danish vintage mirror in similar timber tones.
3. Introduce a mix of print and pattern with bedlinen in complementary hues.
4. Make a statement wall with densely patterned wallpaper that ties in thematically (e.g. stems/leaves/trees) and tonally (e.g. charcoal, dark blue, brown and white).
5. Finish with lamp, wall art and frames in pops of monochrome.
Get the look
For another Room Recipe, click here.