2. Make sorting laundry easier by installing a fold-back bench for sorting and folding.
3. Invest in a dishwasher that does all of the hard work for you, like the new Electrolux ComfortLiftÔ. The lower rack lifts up towards you, so it makes unloading the dishwasher easier. It also has an XXL wash system that gives you 25 percent more room for larger items, such as platters and pots. There is also a handy lift out cutlery drawer. Visit National Product Review to read reviews and watch feature videos.
4. When you’re on your way to bed, wipe down surfaces and collect clutter as you go. Keep a basket and a cloth handy for this purpose. This will streamline your cleaning process and make it less of an effort by the end of the week.
5. Create divided hampers or different baskets for dirty washing: one for lights; one for darks; and one for delicates. That way, sorting your washing is already done for you!
6. Invest in smart home technology that will streamline and organise your life, such as robot vacuums and Smart fridges. You’ll not only zip through your weekly cleaning before you know it, you’ll also do it with less effort!
7. Fold your clothes as you take them out of the dryer, instead of collecting them in a basket. You’ll be more organised and will sort your washing quicker. Best of all, it cuts down on wrinkles so you’ll have less ironing!
8. It’s time to divide the cleaning chores up! Assign specific jobs or areas to each member of the house, so cleaning becomes more manageable.
9. Invest in a table or stand for your washing basket at your clothesline. Having wet laundry accessible at table-height, you’ll save time and effort hanging your laundry.
10. Let’s face it: the more stuff you have in your house, the more you have to clean. Spend a day culling your clutter and set up a bag for things to go straight to charity. At the end of the day, you’ll have fewer objects to dust and polish!