Fingerprints, hairspray, beauty products, smudges and smears. When was the last time you cleaned your bathroom mirror?
Mirrors are not just practical – they make a wonderful decorative addition to your home, reflecting light and space to make a room appear larger. An oversized mirror makes a statement, while an ornate mirror can stamp a particular style on your decor. This is especially true in the bathroom, where the right choice of a mirror can elevate a space from functional to fabulous!
Unless spruced up as part of your regular cleaning routine, on the other hand, a dirty mirror can make the wrong impression altogether. Often left overlooked when giving the bathroom a once-over on cleaning day, here’s a quick lesson on how to clean your bathroom mirror in a jiffy.
How to clean your bathroom mirror
- First, dust your mirror all over with a microfibre cloth. Remember to dust the frame too
- If your mirror is on the front of a shaving cabinet, open and wipe the cabinet frame
- Give your microfibre cloth a good shake outside to remove as much dust as possible
- Spray the microfibre cloth with your favourite window cleaner – be it natural, homemade or a supermarket brand
- Wipe your mirror with the dampened cloth from top-to-bottom in an “S” pattern, then repeat
- Wipe over with a clean lint-free cloth
Tip: keep a clean microfibre cloth handy hidden in your bathroom vanity for quick wipes in between cleans.
You might also like: