You’d have to be an ostrich to have missed the explosion of French style homes throughout the suburbs, as well as the number of furniture and interiors stores specialising in French design. Be it the luxury and elegance of French Baroque, the classical romance of a chateau, or the rustic charm of provincial, Australians are embracing French home designs with open arms.
Metricon, Australia’s leading builder, currently has two beautiful French-inspired home designs in its Signature by Metricon range - homes for discerning buyers and tailored to the individual. La Pyrenee takes inspiration from the grace and opulence of the Baroque period, while the Bordeaux is reminiscent of a wealthy landowner’s chateau
La Pyrenee – the splendour of French Baroque
Influenced by the sophistication of French Baroque design, this home features intricate design and the finest craftsmanship. From the sweeping staircase to the Juliet balconies, impressive columns and lofty ceilings, this home combines delicate details with opulence and functional planning to create a truly wonderful home.
Originally from Italy, the Baroque style became very popular in France during the sovereignty of Louis XIV. During his reign, France became one of the most influential countries in the world, so it made sense that the Baroque style, with its grandeur and pomposity, was the perfect reflection of his power.
Traditional features in a Baroque home were massive staircases, columns, and pillars, plenty of coloured marble, sculptures, stucco, carvings and mirrors. Walls usually hung with expensive fabrics and tapestries, and colours such as blues, greens, reds and gold were favourites for soft furnishings. Symmetry was used both internally and externally, which gave this home design a formal look.
La Pyrenee is a fresh Australian take on this French classic and provides a perfect blend of function and form, tradition and modernity:
- Sweeping spiral staircase with cast iron detail
- Enormous kitchen with marble bench tops and ample storage
- Kitchenette upstairs – great for entertaining and multi-generational living
- Grand master suite with huge walk-in robe, plus study area
- Four other spacious bedrooms – two with ensuites
- Gold and marble detail throughout the home
- Mouldings and columns add magnificence to the exterior
- Large outdoor area with a sitting room next to the pool
- Water features can be seen from every window on the ground floor making for beautiful focal points from the inside of the home.
- Two large balconies, plus decorative Juliet balconies
- A portico provides a grand entrance.
La Pyrenee is truly a magnificent tip of the beret to the stylish French home design of centuries past, with enough modernity to please the most discerning Australian family.
The Bordeaux – romance and tradition
Designed with large families in mind, and without compromise, the Bordeaux takes inspiration from the grand homes of provincial France. It is elegant, classical, imposing and will stand proud wherever it is constructed. The striking French provincial façade of this home instantly captures your attention. Iron lacework, Juliet balconies and the stunning bevelled glass double doors make a statement and offer a hint of the design detail that lies beyond the palatial entrance.
Everyone has their own space in the Bordeaux, but the home is also designed with family living at its heart. The sophisticated, open indoor/outdoor living space caters perfectly to the Australian climate and lifestyle, while additional separate living areas offer privacy when required. This is the perfect entertainer’s home as it opens up and closes off as required, offering a gracious but comfortable space to invite friends and family.
The Bordeaux is truly a breathtaking home:
- Four spacious living areas
- A magnificent open plan kitchen/dining area, with a butler’s pantry and wine room
- Four spacious bedrooms
- A luxurious master suite with an incredible dressing room and spacious balcony
- A stunning sculptural staircase that is the focal point of the home
- Reflective surfaces, gleaming floors and pendant lighting add to the sophistication
- Wrought iron Juliet balconies to front windows
- Distinctive mansard roof
- Large timber front door with portico
The Bordeaux is the epitome of French elegance perfectly blended with Australian practicality and lifestyle.
If you love French styling but call Australia home, then a design such as La Pyrenee or the Bordeaux could provide the perfect answer.
For more information about these French-inspired homes or any of the other stunning Metricon home designs, contact us.