Feng shui can bring a certain calm, or desired energy to your home or workplace when you know how to apply it.
The practice of feng shui in a space uses an ancient Chinese system based on the belief that the spaces we inhabit are a reflection of what’s happening inside us. With the idea in mind that all of the objects around us have an energy that we respond to, we are encouraged to arrange things to allow a flow of that energy in a positive way. This has a harmonising effect on the energy of your home or office and therefore, you.
Interior designer Lorena Gaxiola believes in the power of feng shui and gives us her top tips to making a difference by applying some simple principles in your work space to help you achieve optimal productivity in your home and living room.
“Energy alignment will provide a good foundation to enhance clarity and clear thinking.”Lorena Gaxiola
- Position your chair and desk to look outwardly as best circulation comes when you look out onto a view. The right location of walls can promote a good flow of energy.
- Improve the quality of air in the home or office by introducing plants, foliage and flora. Plants will improve concentration and increase positive energy and concentration, enhance positive feelings, reduce stress and innovate thinking.
- Natural light promotes positive flow. It is one of the strongest manifestations of energy. Keep curtains and blinds open throughout the day and use lamps or candles to illuminate dark spaces.
- Colour plays an important role when it comes to feng shui: gold promotes prosperity, silver represents security, and red is for wealth. Attract desired outcomes by introducing suitable colours into your space.
- Crystals will break electrical waves transmitted by computers, software, phones and technical devices. Neutralise negative energy by positioning next to water throughout the office or the home.
- Retain the essence of abundance by placing a small water fountain near the main entry door. This is also incredibly important and useful when facing the desk.