Exposed to the elements year-round, your garage door is one of the first elements of your home exterior to begin showing the signs of age when your home is viewed from the outside.
Sometimes the smallest project can make the biggest difference. In the same way a makeover of your front door can make a statement and tell the story of your home’s style, a fresh lick of paint can give the garage door a new appeal.
Here’s what you’ll need before beginning the project:
Wire brush or sandpaper
Hammerite Garage Door Paint
Newspaper or drop-sheet
1. Remove rust and loose paint with a wire brush or coarse sandpaper.
2. Using water and a diluted detergent wash down thoroughly to remove all dust, grease and dirt which may prevent the paint from sticking to the surface. Rinse with clean water.
3. Place a drop-sheet or newspaper around the surrounding area to catch any spills or drips.
4. Ensure the garage door is completely dry before painting.
5. For best results apply 2 coats of Hammerite Garage Door Paint. Apply second coat after 16 hours.
You might also like: