This room is layered with relaxing blues and neutrals for a look that’s fresh and luminous.
What makes it work? How does it avoid straying into a cliched coastal look? Here’s our room recipe to show you how.
Cushions from Vintage Beach Shack
Cushions from Canvas+Sasson
‘Deep Sea’ artwork from Warranbrooke
Ribbed rug from Tribe Home
Sofa from Ikea
1. Begin with painting the walls in a fresh white, like Dulux Natural White.
2. Ground the furniture with a large lattice weave rug in neutral tones.
3. Opt for a traditional beige sofa with a chaise.
4. Add a large armchair in aubergine.
6. Layer the sofa with blue and cream linen cushions in mixed patterns.
7. Add interest with a round white coffee table with ornate details.
8. Brighten the room with an abstract print in a hue that picks up on the deepest blue in your cushions.
9. Toss a cream throw rug over the armchair.
10. Inject the space with fresh greenery by placing a Strelitzia plant in the corner.
12. Soften the space with a couple of stacked floor cushions, matching the hues on the sofa.
Get the look
Click here for Hamptons-style bedroom room recipe.