While there is a lot going on in this room, it appears calm and ordered. What makes it work? Here’s our Room recipe to show you how.
“I love the natural environment and its beauty. I also appreciate the stories behind objects and the memories they hold”Homeowner
‘Studio’ sofa plus chaise, Freedom
Ekby shelves, Ikea
Tejn faux sheespkin throw, Ikea
Hide cushion, Harold’s Finishing Touches
Keepsakes, Homeowner’s collections
1. Begin with white walls and a neutral floor.
2. Ground the sofa with blue striped rug.
3. Add a sleek sofa with tapered legs in a neutral shade, like grey.
4. Introduce tonal soft furnishings that add texture and colour to the room – a faux fur rug, blue knit throw and a combination of hide and knit cushions.
5. Mount odd-sized shelves at different heights on the wall.
6. Arrange groups of personal treasures – such as ceramics, artwork and woven baskets – on the shelves.
7. Break up the shelves with artwork on the walls.
8. Soften the horizontal lines in the room with trailing plants and soft natural grasses.
Get the look
For another room recipe, click here.