When it comes to designing a luxurious bathroom, a freestanding bath is usually top of mind. But new shower designs – both walk-in and generously enclosed – as well as advances in hardware and fittings means you can still create a spa-like feel minus the soaking tub. For all the proof you’ll need, scroll below for inspiration.
1. Above the shower is what the homeowner of this contemporary bathroom describes as an “enormous” skylight that allows daylight to stream in, making it feel as though you’re showering in the great outdoors.
2. Tucked away in the light-infused guest bathroom of this stunning monchrome Brisbane home lies a generously sized walk-in shower complete with clerestory-style windows, which allow added light while maintaining privacy.
3. Premium finishes – including dual showerheads – were the order of the day for the owners of this modern Scandinavian-style home in Melbourne, where statement marble-look large format tiles complement perfectly with small hexagon tiles on the shower feature wall.
4. Form meets practicality in the family bathroom of this fun mid-century moden coastal home on Sydney’s northern beaches. Showcasing a large enclosed shower complete with rain showerhead, all with a Palm Springs vibe.
5. The Signorino terrazzo tiles take centre-stage in the bathroom of this Melbourne period home, travelling through the shower and up to meet the bath. Worried black tapware would date, the homeowner instead introduced black accents through the graphic picture shower frame.
6. Countless Pinterest images helped inspire the sleek ensuite of this Cape Cod-inspired beach house on the Sunshine Coast. The seamless look and feel achieved by flowing the concrete flooring into the shower area, which matching tiles used for the walls.
7. Careful planning in a larger space means maximum efficiency. This open plan bathroom has the shower over the generous concrete custom-made bath and the textured walls create a seamless transition, giving the impression of even more space. The raised platform allows for a sunken bath effect.
8. Room with a view? If you have the privacy on your lot to afford a large picture window then bring the outside in. All the beauty of an outdoor shower without having to brave the elements.