This bedroom is so fresh we can almost imagine a warm breeze gently rustling the printed palm fronds on the soft furnishings.
“The crisp greens with a neutral palette makes for an invigorating place to wake up.”
Woven light fittings, try similar ‘Bell Basket’ ceiling pendant at Freedom
Natural textured rug, ‘Madras’ jute rug, Freedom
Plantation shutters, Alycore Plus PVC shutters, Vista
Vintage wallpaper, try similar Morris & Co ‘Lily Leaf’, Annandale Wallpapers
Upholstered bedhead, by owner, design your own with Heatherly Designs
Brightly coloured bed throw, by owner, try Seljak colour recycled blanket, Koskela
1. Begin with a subtly textured wallpaper to anchor the scheme without overpowering the room
2. Introduce quality fabrics in bedlinens, cushions and upholstery
3. Stick to similar tones in natural finishes. The woven light fitting, dark jute rug an textured timber bedside table all echo the dark tone of the bedhead timber.
4. Introduce trend-led items in soft furnishings and accent pieces. This bamboo bench was a lucky Ebay find and brings a nice counterpoint to other, heavier timbers in the room.
5. Add a splash of colour that can be changed with the seasons. The option of decorating with warm browns or dusty blues in cushions and throws will keep both your fabrics and your outlook fresh year round.
“I feel relaxed as soon as I walk into the room,” Cathy, homeowner.
For more decorating inspiration click here.