We show you five fabulous ways to embrace your inner child and incorporate this nostalgic fabric into your home interiors.
It reminds us of visits to Grandma’s place, dressing gowns, story time and drying your hair in front of the heater. Not to mention your favourite 90s jumper! Named for the French word for caterpillar whose linear fluffy form it resembles on cotton fabric, chenille is gaining ground in interiors once again on the back of the bohemian texture and style of the 1970s.
Here’s how to add this furry friend to your furnishings…
1. Linen House ‘Drift’ quilt cover set in Soft Blue, $179, Temple & Webster
2. Somers bed cover in Denim, $269.95, Zanui
3. Chenille Planter Holder, $16.00, Urban Outfitters
4. Jute Chenille Herringbone rug in Natural/Slate, from $149, West Elm
5. ‘Geo’ Chenille cushion in Crème, $8, Kmart
6. Bianca Kalia bed cushion in White, $4495, Adairs
You might also like: