If your home feels like a constant battle to deal with the "stuff that's basically everywhere", you're in good company. Marie Kondo's Netflix documentary and method of tidying up has taken the world by storm as more of us struggle with where to even begin.
Here are some quick tips to get your declutter started!
4 tips for a successful home detox
- Pace yourself. You don’t want to burn out before you cross the finish line
- Be aggressive. Look at everything, asking yourself if you truly use and love it.
- Ask a friend to help. Someone without emotional or financial attachment can provide helpful input.
- Sleep on it. Then re-evaluate anything you were on the fence about. After some zzzs, it will be easier to let so-so stuff go.
4 tips for a successful brain detox
- Stop multitasking. When you’re overwhelmed, it’s best to focus on a single task at hand, rather than flitting among all the things that have to happen today. You’ll be more efficient and calm.
- Take a break. If you’ve been going full speed, try downshifting for just a few minutes.
- Concentrate on what’s in your control right now, like the recyclables piling up in your house – not how you want to find a prettier bin to put them in
- Say no. Ask yourself which invites you can turn down and what tasks you can hand off.
For a 31-day detox to declutter your home and life, get your issue of Family Circle Autumn in store or buy online today!