This sweet little girl’s room works with a basic white background and accents of pink in the bedlinen and accessories – the perfect foundation to grow and change with your child.
A sturdy bed in a white painted finish - try ‘Florence’ bed, Forty Winks
Accent bedlinen in soft pinks - try ‘Malabar’ throw in Pink, Adairs
Quilted bedlinens - try Harvie Jersey Quilt Cover Set Pink, Adairs
Decorative bed canopy with DIY colour accents - ‘Solig’ in White, Ikea
Wicker chest of drawers - try the ‘Havana’ 2-drawer side tables, Kmart
Soft rug for added texture and comfort underfoot - try ‘Braided’ floor rug in pink, Kmart
Cute print in an affordable frame - try 'Eef lillemor forest animals' Deer print, Leo & Bella
1. Establish a neutral palette with warm white walls and a lush grey carpet.
2. Choose a sturdy bed to with a bedhead and classic styling to last through many years and decorating schemes.
3. Layer pretty bedlinens in your child’s favourite colours – sheet sets in an accent colour such as this soft pink.
4. Invest in classic whites for longer term linens such as a quilted bedspread.
5. Introduce whimsical elements for a little fun, like the tuille canopy seen here. Accent with your own choice of colour – a pink pom pom trim adds texture and colour.
6. Accent with artworks and accessories such as the round rug – picked up for a song at Kmart.
7. Adapt furnishings to suit your needs – these two bedside tables have been set together to form a bank of basket-drawers and a pretty pink ribbon added. Later they can be easily repurposed as bedside tables for a double or queen bed or used elsewhere in the home.
Get the look