“You have to be a romantic to invest yourself, your money, and your time in cheese.”Anthony Bourdain
Few people can baulk at an abundant cheese platter and, for Imogene there's no question of including a generous spread of seasonal bounty on her table when entertaining, “It’s my favourite thing”, she says.
“The key to creating the ultimate cheese platter is balance – sweet and savoury flavours, plus soft and hard textures all working together,” Imogene explains.
Building the perfect platter
- place a selection of soft and hard cheeses down your board
- add a knife for each and various crackers sitting alongside
- add small bowls of olives and loosely twisted slices of prosciutto
- fill gaps with nuts, fruits and honeycomb
- finish with herb sprigs or flowers from the garden
Remember a brilliant cheese platter as an option at the end of a meal too – add a handful of fresh or dried figs, grapes, berries or other fresh fruit and you have the perfect dessert to share.
Click here for more entertaining inspiration.