Even the smallest bathroom looks larger and more elegant when realised in an all-white colour scheme. White bounces light around the room and is easier than you think to maintain. A clean, glossy surface requires only a regular wipe down and the occasional visit with the bleach bottle (test a small area first).
Let the architecture of your home come to the fore and don't be afraid to touch up or repaint whole areas for a fresh look - a quick top coat in the same colour provides a quick and easy refresh.
A few coasts of paint unify an ensemble of repurposed and rescued pieces
Top tips for making white work
- Use over-sized tiles with white grout
- Consider applying from floor to ceiling to create the illusion of a larger, uninterrupted surface area
- A white freestanding bath forms a statement without disrupting the feeling of lightness in the space
- Keep fixtures simple and unified in finish
- Can't come at all white? Consider marble for a little texture and a luxe feel