Keep it simple with this classic combination.
A monochrome kitchen makes a strong style statement and allows your choice of details to take centre stage, whether it’s kitchen cabinet colour, metallic lighting, marble benchtops or a stunning appliance lineup. Here’s how to carry it off with catwalk prowess.
1. Large scale open plan living calls for large format finishes and minimal embellishment. Textured pendants buffer the sleek lines.
2. Country style with a modern twist - black subway tiles and bold black wall paint above the cabinetry keep it cosy and brings this beauty bang up to date.
3. Mid century touches in the adjacent dining zone bring warmth to this modern space. Mirrored splashback runs tall up to overhead cabinetry to bring in light and a bank of white cabinetry is crisp and clean.
4. Simple lines in this small space give the impression of plenty of room. A generous marble kitchen island balances the matte surface of black cabinetry. Stainless steel shines in the splashback and echoed in the bar stools.
5. Up close the details of functional strip lighting undermounted on the cabinetry bring in help in a busy zone without extraneous detail.
6. Black is masterful here, offset by a timber tones and the enormous expanse of glass in the surrounding windows, with a clear view to the pool beyond. Natural light is reflected up to the white ceiling, flooding the entire space with light.
7. Hamptons style rules in this crips take on the coastal style - black base on the kitchen island and dark-stained timber flooring adds a sophisticated touch and picks up the detail in the marble benchtop. Brushed metal handles add a subtle detail.