Once upon a time all it took was an anonymous card slipped unnoticed to the one you love. Nowadays, flowers and chocolates usually top the gift list for the 14th February festivities. If you’re looking for a sweet and stylish alternative however, we’ve rounded up our picks from the quaint to the quirky.
Watch: How to make Valentine’s Day Chocolate Bowls
1. ED Ellen DeGeneres – Red Heart Mug, $19.95
Available from Royal Doulton and selected David Jones and Myers stores.
2. Canvas Light Panels, from $319
Available from JB Hifi.
3. Wedgwood Vera Wang Infinity Round Keepsake Box, $99.95
Available at wedgwood.com.au and selected David Jones & Myer stories.
4. LVLY x Hot Copper Tattoo flower jar designs
Personalised jars with ‘be mine’, ‘sweetheart’ or ‘marry me’ printed on them. Available from lvly.com.au
5. Greenall’s Wild Berry Gin, $41.99
What could be prettier than a pink gin for Valentine’s Day? Try this frosé cocktail recipe if you really want to impress. Available from Dan Murphy’s, BWS (majority of stores) or Heinemann in Sydney Airport.
6. Palermo Replenishing Bath Salts, $60
Available from Oliver Thom, these bath salts are created from a blend of Himalayan Salt and Dead Sea Salt.
7. Verona champagne flutes (set of 4), $49.95
Comes in a gift box and is available from Maxwell and Williams.
8. Beats Studio3 Wireless Over-Ear Headphones, $447
For the music lover in your life, and in romantic red (of course). Available from Harvey Norman.
9. Poppy Faux Fur Cushion, $12.
Available from Kmart.
10. Getaway Framed Canvas Wall Art, $199
Available from Temple & Webster.
11. Croser Vintage Sparkling, $39.99
Available available at all major retailers nationally.