A stylish take on kids room decor sees a fresh attitude toward choosing colours, fabrics and finishes for a youthful outlook, whilst being easy on the eye.
A touch of personality and bags of style – this kid’s room offers a stylish neutral take on the traditional, without losing the playful edge. Here’s our Room Recipe to help you get the look.
“I don’t go for clowns or really colourful kids’ spaces – neutrals are more enduring”Chris, homeowner
Grown up wallpaper, ‘Origami’ wallpaper, The Wall Sticker Company
Timeless furniture, try ‘Rojo’ bed, Temple & Webster
Neutral soft furnishings, woven Cushion in Charcoal, Milk & Sugar
Subtle super hero theme, try Kids Batman & Robin pillow case, Amazon
Timber touches, ‘Askvoll’ chest of 3 drawers, Ikea
1. Start with a monochrome palette and add touches of navy. Neutral floor coverings recede and allow for understated visual cues.
2. Choose an interesting wallpaper for a backdrop with impact – this pattern is available in a variety of muted colours
3. Use functional furniture with natural elements. Basic whites in sturdy design that can either stand the test of time with kids or grow with them
4. Layer bed with beautiful linen. Think beyond the kid’s room department and accent with quality pieces in timeless base colours
5. Add neutral soft furnishings and a rug to sprawl out and play. Stick to the same colours throughout so you can update the look as age-appropriate pieces wear and become outgrown
A desk is a great addition to a kid’s room and will grow with your child. A colouring station for a small child can later store school supplies and become a study space. Coordinate accessories for a cohesive look.
Find more Room Recipes here: