Decorating a room is a labour of love and and an opportunity to celebrate inspirational style. Here is some decorating advice from a few of Home Beautiful's favourite home decorators.
1. "I don't like second best. If I want something but can't afford it. I do without until I can." - Susan, Blue Mountains
2. "I just do what feels right. I'm huge on layering different effects, so I use a variety of textures such timber, soft fabrics and greenery in one space." - Emma, Hunter Valley
3. "Be careful of trends. Also stay true to your style and evolve with it." - Lavinia, Johannesburg
4. "Read, read, read. I never stop devouring design books, magazines, websites, blogs, Pinterest and Instagram. It's not just looking a pretty pictures, but studying and dissecting them and understanding why a room works." - Melinda, NSW
5. "Try not to do everything all at once so that it doesn't feel forced. Allow the home to get that organic built-up-over-time feel. It's lovely to include treasures from holidays because they give the home soul." - Natalie, Perth
For more top renovating and decorating tips, visit here.