Some of the best parties happen because it all comes together at the last minute, and New Years Eve is the perfect excuse for a last minute party.
For last minute decorations that are both economical and engaging, make your own creations at home with Helium balloon kits from Kmart or Big W, or hire a helium balloon gas tank from a party supplier to create up to 100 balloon combinations.
Here are some decorating ideas with balloons we found on Pinterest that literally provide the best bang for your bucks.
1. Confetti balloon. The DIY Network shows us how to add confetti into a helium balloon to great effect. Simple but special and you can colour to your party theme, or add glitter instead of confetti for a little more bling!
"Make sure you rub the outside of the balloon, so that the static will make the confetti stick to the balloon."
2. Glitter fringe. I Spy DIY encourages a little more bling with a decorative tinsel fringe. Hang from the wall and trim a little off the bottom to tie in your confetti balloons with the rest of your decor.
3. Iridescent glitter powder. Martha Stewart uses fine iridescent powder glitter to give air-filled balloons a more subtle glitter effect. Very elegant.
4. Gold confetti dipped balloons. Studio DIY takes it outside with confetti coating the outside of balloons. Simple, effective and a little more free-form than filling a balloon with confetti.
5. Tropical delight. Perfect for a last minute part, this look taps into the current Palm Springs decorating trend and can be achieved with a minimum of fuss and with items you will likely have in your house. Select balloons in just 2 or 3 co-ordinating colours from your home stash. Decorate with felt tipped pen to resemble palm fronds. Pick up a handful of mini pineapples from your green grocer and fashion a welcome cocktail to match your colour scheme.
“Fill them with gold foil or colorful confetti and pop them at midnight"
6. Monochrome magic. Shoes Off Please goes classic by filling black balloons with glitter and paint white ones on the outside with a little gold at the base. Gather a few of both on strings in bunches at different spots in the room.