Engineered stone benchtops are renowned for being low-maintenance and easy care, continuing to shine like a brand new surface. Here’s how to give them a little TLC from time to time.
Every day maintenance
Wipe down with a warm soapy cloth
Spills and spot clean ups
- Act fast to ensure they don’t leave a stain
- Soak up spill and wipe away with paper towel
- Wipe clean with a warm soapy cloth or use specialist products such Caesarstone’s spray cleaner, cream cleanser or ready-to-use surface wipes.
- Buff with a clean, dry cloth
Stains to be wary of
- Red wine
- Cordially, pasta sauce
- Tandoori paste
- Permanent markers
Products that can damage your engineered stone surface
- Nail polish remover
- Oil-based soap bars and spray cleaners
- Scourers or abrasive cleaners
- Hot pots and roasting trays
Some manufacturers of engineered stone often sell a range of specialty cleaning products to keep your benchtops in tip top condition.
Watch Caesarstone’s video for how to use their products: