Mel and Dave created a beautiful dining room in Toad and Mandy’s country homestead.
It was filled with classic charm and beautifully styled to a high tea! Also a hit with the House Rules judges, here’s why it worked so well.
‘Annalise’ extension dining table, Early Settler
‘Marquise’ dining chair, Early Settler
Classic contemporary tableware
‘Carrelage’ blue tile hand woven rug, Early Settler
Floral artwork in a complimentary colour palette
1. Start with a neutral background of white walls and timber flooring
2. Add a handwoven rug to texture and to demarcate the space from the surrounding living areas
3. Anchor the space with a generous and characterful dining table – choose one that extends out to accommodate plenty of friends and family
4. Surround with a collection of dining chairs in mix-and-match finishes
5. Layer the table with classically styled crockery and crisp linens
6. Keep window treatments simple to flood the space with natural light
7. When guests are expected, create a show-stopping floral centrepiece for added wow factor
Get the look
You might also like: